Vicki and Chrissy

Vicki and Chrissy

Friday, January 17, 2014

Pinterest

Pinterest has become a great resource to find inspiring art projects for kids.  When I saw this idea I couldn't pass it up.  I have created snow globes in the past but how fun would it be to make it more "real" just by adding a clear, plastic plate and fake snow!!  I searched everywhere for small, clear plates and struck gold at Target! 
(I had a kindergarten assistant tell me they did the same artwork but took pictures of the children pretending to throw snow, ice skate, build a snowman, etc.  The children created a background and the teachers added the pictures of the children on top.  What a fun idea!)
My class couldn't stop shaking their snowglobes!




To integrate the project into our Common Core standards, I found this wonderful book on Amazon.  It is the sweetest story about a snow globe family who wishes for a snowstorm!  If only the "real" family would remember their snow globe and give it one good shake.


My class finished by writing about the snow globe family they created and the adventures their snow globe family enjoyed!

I have seen several other examples of snow globes using finger paint, glitter tempera paint, and oil pastels.  You never know what will inspire you while searching Pinterest! 

Thanks for visiting,
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment